What safety

| 2 Comments

Ford's MyKey; Not sure about it. Aside from their questionable usefulness, my guess is those keys will get lost and be so expensive and difficult to replace that the adult keys will end up in the teenager's hands. I don't think technology just for teens will solve the problem of teen auto fatality anyway. And if it is that good, why not impose it on everyone? The article says that teens comprise 12% of the auto fatalities. Where's the love for the other 88%?

CrabAppleLane Advice For The Day: If you're going to name drop because you think it will earn you some extra goodies, make sure you know the names.

9 days until football season ...

Quote of the Day
Most teens don't drive new vehicles; they drive more affordable, used vehicles. And not many parents, especially in this day and age, are able to buy a new car with this technology.
John Nepomuceno, Research administrator with State Farm Insurance

Blog of the day here.

Quote from said blog: "Loving it that the oldsters, now known in polite society as the politically correct "seniors," are finding their voice."

2 Comments

I understand the desire to keep kids safe, but like you I'm skeptical of all of this technology to basically spy on and remotely control your teenager. I know it's easier said than done, but talking and teaching and a gradual earning of trust seem to me a better way to go.

September 2012

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30            

Archives


Get Firefox!

Powered by Movable Type 4.38

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Rob published on September 1, 2009 6:03 AM.

The morning after - August 31, 2009 was the previous entry in this blog.

From Yesterday Evening's Bike Ride is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Recent Comments

  • Rob: Yeah, I think that "for the children" excuse is way read more
  • Dave E.: I understand the desire to keep kids safe, but like read more
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called CrabAppleLane. Make your own badge here.


Rob Ferrara

Create Your Badge