Today's QOTD is from a Wikipedia article about the Radium Girls. I had never heard of them until Marie cited them in her post. What that company did is truly disgusting.
Tidbits on last night's ESPN Fantasy Football Auction.
1 day until football season ...
5 song iTune shuffle:
- Black Coffee - Humble Pie - A&M Records Classics Vol. 14
- Save The Last Dance For Me - The Drifters - 16 Greatest Hits
- Organ Grinder - Marilyn Manson - Portrait Of An American Family
- The Voice - The Moody Blues - Moody Blues Greatest Hits
- What Love Can Be - Kingdom Come - Love Bites: More Romantic Power Ballads
Quote of the Day
The U.S. Radium Corporation hired some 70 women to perform various tasks including the handling of radium, while the owners and the scientists familiar with the effects of radium carefully avoided any exposure to it themselves; chemists at the plant used lead screens, masks and tongs. US Radium had even distributed literature to the medical community describing the “injurious effects” of radium. The owners and scientists at US Radium, familiar with the real hazards of radioactivity, naturally took extensive precautions to protect themselves.
Radium Girls by Wikipedia
Blog of the day is here.
Quote from said blog: "On Friday, September 2, at 11:00 a.m. at the corner of Clinton and Jefferson streets in Ottawa, Illinois, a statue of a young woman holding flowers in one hand and paintbrushes in the other will be unveiled."
Hello Facebook users. Please click on “ View Original Post ” below to see this post in its entirety.