4 game lead

From 1966 Until ...

Moderator: Rob

4 game lead

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 pm

I think the Giants beat Atlanta at the Meadowlands Sunday. I may be an idiot for just thinking this and especially for saying it out loud but I think the Saints go to bed Sunday night with a 5 game lead with 6 to play. Nahhhh, I'm an idiot for entirely different and better reasons than that. Idiot savant, indeed. :)

Hey, it worked once.
GEAUX Red Barchettas-Ya Boys Champs-1998,2002,2013
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better vanished time
I fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

Rob
Site Admin

Re: 4 game lead

Postby Hyde » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

They're all but in and have reached that point where the juggling act is - health vs. home field. I don't think having to go to Minnesota would be tragic. But falling as far as #3 seed would not be good. Flip side is they need the Sharpers and Greers in January. So far, so good on offense - knock very hard on wood.
King of FFL has-beens
Taylor TO(?) Shiancoe??? WTF???
Eddie Royal - TWO returns for TDs??? WTF???
Hyde

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Hyde wrote:They're all but in and have reached that point where the juggling act is - health vs. home field. I don't think having to go to Minnesota would be tragic. But falling as far as #3 seed would not be good. Flip side is they need the Sharpers and Greers in January. So far, so good on offense - knock very hard on wood.

I think a bye is almost a certainty, too. They have a 3 game lead over both the Cowboys and Cardinals with 7 games to play. I don't care in the least if they run the table. If they have a bye wrapped up when they have to go to Carolina, some of those guys (Brees, Vilma, Sharper) need not even board the plane. I think they can win at Minnesota if they had to play there but I'd prefer homefield throughout.
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

Rob
Site Admin

Postby Hyde » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Rob wrote:I think a bye is almost a certainty, too.

Probably so. I'll feel better if they take care of business with the Bucs and Redskins. As much as I'd like to see them keep winning, the Pats game is truthfully almost meaningless - except that a loss would have the rest of the country calling us frauds, which is not all a bad thing. So, if the Saints can get to 11-1, I think the bye would be pretty close to a lock.
King of FFL has-beens
Hyde

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 pm

I want to see them beat the Pats. I want them charged up and ready to play 4 quarters. It will convince me that this team has everything they need. There is no doubt in my mind that they CAN beat anyone if they play their best game. What they CAN and what they DO has been two different things in the past. If they lose 1 or 2 afterward, no problem because I know they can beat anyone else. NE is the most losable game on the schedule. It's not a division or conference game. Still, that is the one I want them to win the most.
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

Rob
Site Admin

Postby Hyde » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Rob wrote:Still, that is the one I want them to win the most.

I know what you mean. The Saints could lose to Tampa Bay but if they turn around and beat New England then they are in everybody's Super Bowl conversations - not to mention what that would do for our collective psyches.
King of FFL has-beens
Hyde

Pats Game

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 pm

It will be a playoff atmosphere. New England will need to win much more than the Saints. The Saints have taken some other teams' "best shots" in recent weeks. The Pats' best shot is nasty. Hope the Saints come out of the SuperDome tunnel armed with their best shot and that it is even nastier. Would also like the Saints to get used to these types of games. The phone is turned off that night. No distractions.

GEAUX Saints
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

Rob
Site Admin

Return to New Orleans Saints