It was a good win yesterday heading into the bye week.
Things I liked:
- NO turnovers. They win whenever they don't turn the ball over.
- The run defense. The run D has gotten short shrift all season. They're not as bad as people say. They have been able to stop teams from running on them when they want to.
- Getting Marques Colston and Robert Meachem more involved. They need to get Devery Henderson more involved, too, but it wasn't only the Sproles/Graham show this week and that's a good thing.
- The pass blocking. Drew had a pretty clean pocket all day.
- Thomas Morestead. His punts and kickoffs have been great all year.
- That Mike Smith is that scared of Sean Payton and Drew Brees.
- I like that the Falcons are answering all the questions this morning.
Things I didn't like:
- The Jimmy Graham drops. He's going to be a great player but he has to keep his head in the game. That penalty on him on the field goal try was bogus, though.
- The way the Falcons breezed down the field to tie the game.
- Harry Douglas eating their lunch all day in the middle of the field.
- The pass rush still not getting home.
- The defense putting up stops and the offense not doing anything about it early. Made the game a lot closer than it needed to be.
- Roman Harper dropping an interception that would have iced the game. He had a good game otherwise.
Hello Facebook users. Please click on View Original Post below to see this post in its entirety.